How to write your CV for an international company
We get much response when we announce that we need more resources for our company. Naturally, the response consists of CVs mailed to us. These are mostly written in a standard format, which is good. But sometimes the contents of the CV makes us unable to make up our mind about your qualifications.
The following are some tips for how to write a CV that we understand better, and which will increase your chance of getting a job at our company.
- Write the CV in English. English is used for documentation, programming, and of course, when talking to us. We need to know that you master the basics.
- Do not list up every computer language you have heard of. Just list up the languages you master well. That is, languages you have more than 3 years of continuous experience with.
- We like you to include the last and the expected salary.
- Write summary of qualifications and what you want to achieve in life. Tell us about your motivation for working at an international company.
- Notice that we are primarily looking for programmers / developers. In our company, it contains greater status to be a good programmer than merely a manager.
- Do you have any skills you are particularly proud of? Write about it.
- Do you have any knowledge about open source software? We would like to hear about it.
- Do you have a web presence of any kind? Include links to it, as it helps us judge you as an applicant.
Good luck as an applicant!